August 14-21, 2022
Spectacular sights await Gleaner members who join our 2022 Getaway cruise to Alaska! You’ll begin by sailing aboard the new Discovery Princess from Seattle to the colorful salmon fishing capital of Ketchikan, the southern entrance to Alaska’s famed Inside Passage.
From there members will cruise the calm waters north to the long fjord of Endicott Arm, capped by the blue ice of Dawes Glacier, before spending the afternoon and evening at the state capital of Juneau. A day later brings the Princess cruise ship to the historic mining town of Skagway, gateway to the Klondike for gold miners. The return voyage features a stop at the beautiful British Columbian capital city of Victoria before docking again the following morning in Seattle.
Registration is now closed. Please call for availability through July 1, 2022.
As you glide past the majestic coastal landscape, you’ll find many memorable activities…
- Have a chance to view wildlife on the banks of the Tongass National Forest, and aquatic wildlife including humpback whales, orcas, and sea lions.
- Dine on the ship’s world-class fare including Alaskan specialties such as King crab, seafood chowder, pan-roasted steak, fish tacos, crab cakes or more, prepared under Michelin-star chefs. Or try any of several restaurants including The Salty Dog Gastropub and Sabatini’s Italian Trattoria.
- Learn about “America’s Last Frontier” from Alaskans including lumberjacks, naturalists, rangers, dogsled mushers, and mountain climbers.
- Experience optional excursions at seven different locations. These offer a wide assortment of activities such as fishing, glacier flightseeing, history tours, dog sled training, train rides, whale watching excursions and much more.
- Enjoy shipboard activities including first-class musical productions, a casino, swimming pools and hot tubs, stargazing, music and dancing, The Voice of the Ocean singing competition, movies under the stars, entertainers, an art gallery, auctions, and other activities.
Getaway members receive more desirable rooms located in premium areas of the ship with the group package. The price for a Premium Balcony room is $2,175 per person (includes tips, gratuities, and port taxes), while the price for a Premium Interior room is $1,550 (includes tips, gratuities, and port taxes).
- Premier Beverage Package with tips: Enjoy everything from cocktails, beer and wine to specialty coffees, smoothies, and bottled water.
- Unlimited Wi-Fi: With the best internet package, you can video chat and text with family back home, stream your favorite shows and check email (but only if you want to).
- Full gratuities: We pay our crew on your behalf. Don’t worry – we make sure the people who take care of you are taken care of too.
- One Specialty Dining: Pick from several fine dining options (gratuities not included).
Questions? Contact Community Engagement at 800.992.1894 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.