Gleaner’s Board of Directors seeks applicants for three open board seats
October 10, 2023
Due to the cancellation of the meeting of the Supreme Arbor previously scheduled for October 2023, Gleaner Life Insurance Society is seeking applications from qualified members to fill three board seats in a special election. If you are interested in serving Gleaner Life Insurance Society in this capacity, please review the requirements and the application process below.
Members of the Board of Directors must be members of the Society who are in good standing for at least two consecutive years and are at least 21 years of age and less than 72 years of age at the time of the election. For the purposes of this special election, members of the Society who are in good standing are defined as members who have no outstanding or past due balances, and all premium associated with their Gleaner-issued policies and/or contracts is paid up in full. However, an individual is ineligible to be elected to the Board of Directors if at any point in the four-year period preceding the election he or she is or has been:
- A licensed life insurance agent of any company
- An employee of the Society
In addition to the foregoing requirements, to be eligible to be elected to the Board of Directors, a benefit member must also:
- Complete and submit the Board of Directors Application Form prior to the deadline.
- Consent in writing to a background check as set forth in the Board of Directors Application Form.
- Members who are interested in serving on Gleaner’s Board of Directors should complete the enclosed Board of Directors application form. Your application must be postmarked or emailed by Nov. 27, 2023. Download the Board of Directors application form here.
- When your application is received at the Home Office, you will be provided with information on the required background check. You will receive this information via email and will need to provide additional details to complete the check.
- If you meet the board qualifications, your name will be placed on the ballot and voted on by delegates via special election, held in February 2024.