Since 1980, The Gleaner Life Insurance Society Scholarship Foundation has awarded more than $3 million in scholarships on a competitive basis to Gleaner members and their families.
A panel of judges rank all applications and select the top 100 students. Those students will receive a $2,250 one-time scholarship. See the full list of eligibility and application requirements below.
To apply for a Gleaner scholarship, students must:
- Be a Gleaner member;
- Be a high school senior or high school graduate;
- Plan to or currently attend an accredited vocational/technical school, college, university or graduate school within the United States; and
- Enroll as a full-time student taking 12 or more semester credit hours.
- A minimum grade point average of 2.5 is required for application.
The Foundation’s scholarships are a one-time per person award. If an individual has received an award in the past they cannot reapply. Applicants who do not receive a scholarship may reapply as long as they continue to meet the eligibility requirements. Awards are not limited to one per household.
Applications are judged by an independent panel of judges and scholarships will be awarded based on score.
The judges review the following:
- Quality of activities and community involvement
- Academic record
- Character Evaluation Survey
For more details, view the scholarship flyer. A benefit member is either:
- An individual who is insured under a Gleaner life insurance certificate, or
- An individual who owns a Gleaner annuity.
Benefit members are eligible to apply for a competitive one-time $2,250 scholarship. If you are a scholarship applicant who is not a benefit member, you can become a Gleaner member by purchasing a life insurance or annuity product. The easiest way to enjoy the benefits of belonging to Gleaner Life Insurance Society is to purchase either a Just For Kids® life insurance plan or Gleaner's Lifetime Membership. The Just For Kids® life insurance plan can be purchased entirely online! Start now!