Gleaner currently has established arbors in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and Florida, but arbors can be planted anywhere Gleaner members reside. If you live in one of the other states where Gleaner is licensed, you can start an arbor. You can also start an arbor in one of the states that already has established arbors if there is not one in your area. It just takes 10 benefit members (members who own a life insurance or annuity certificate) who want to make a positive impact in their community.
Read the steps to starting an arbor below and fill out the form to get started. If you have questions, please contact the Community Engagement Department.
- Contact the Community Engagement Department. They will help you identify members living in your community who also like to give back. Your Gleaner agent can assist with sharing news about the new arbor and help identify and invite others who also have a servant's heart.
- With your assistance, Gleaner will host a fun and meaningful event explaining what an arbor is and how it can benefit your community. Dollars earned from the sale of Gleaner products enable members to spend their time helping others instead of fundraising.
- Complete a petition form for a new arbor with the signatures of 10 benefit members (those who own life insurance and/or annuity certificates), five of whom are potential officers.
- Once Gleaner's Board of Directors has approved your new arbor's charter, start-up and Samaritan activity grant funds will be provided by Gleaner to help you get off to a great start.
- Identify community needs and set goals for the arbor. What would you like to accomplish? Who can you help?
- Rest assured knowing the Community Engagement Department staff will be with you every step of the way offering support and advice as you grow your arbor.
It's easy to begin, just fill out the form below. If you have any questions, please call 800.992.1894 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.